Tuesday, 28 January 2014
Posted by Unknown at 15:13
Sunday, 5 January 2014
I do love my Instagram, and my blog is due an updated summery of my favourite snaps from over the past couple of months. Here are some of my favourite pics from the end of 2013.
Follow me @natjedwards & don't forget to comment with your usernames as I love checking out peoples accounts!
Posted by Unknown at 07:53
Friday, 3 January 2014
What's a New Year without a mega wish-list to kick it off? Christmas has left me well and truly broke, but whats the harm in a few fancy treats to oneself (other than a broken bank account of course)? Here is my desired wish-list for January 2014!
1. One of the most wanted items on January's wish-list is the Canon 5D Mark ii. My current DSLR is way past it's time, after having it for a good 5 years, it's time for an upgrade and this camera caught my attention after reading it's ratings. Hopefully I will be uploading some mega high quality images this year!
2. Black ripped skinny jeans are a classic look at the moment. They look great with anything and you really cant go wrong with a pair of good comfy skinnies. These are from Topshop.
3. River Island Clean Silver Knuckle Ring - I love silver jewellery at the moment and this ring can make any outfit look just that extra bit striking. You can buy this one from Asos for just £5!
4. The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum has been on my wish-list for months, and now that they have brought out this advanced formula I have to have it. I have tried the samples and I must say I noticed a difference in the radiance of my skin after one night of use. Still trying to find the £50 to spend on this however...
5. Olivia Burton Gold Watch - I really do need a watch as my River Island MK dupe is just not working for me anymore. This is a really gorgeous watch and I would very much like to have it please! You can get it from Asos for £95.
6. I do love a good foundation. I tend to go for the dewy finish on my skin, and this Nars Sheer Glow foundation does exactly that. It's just a shame it's so pricey (around the £30 mark).
7. With the cold weather, I'm stocking up on nice jumpers to shove on with skinny jeans. This Weekday grey sweater caught my attention - £55
8. Finally, another big part of my wish list is these Stella McCartney Ecoleather Combat Boots. No I can't afford these at £675 but I really NEED to find a good replica. I have seen on Choies a very similar pair, however I have heard very bad reviews and they don't look good in the flesh. If anyone knows of where I can get a good pair, feel free to comment and I will love you forever!
What's on your January 2014 wish-list?
Posted by Unknown at 08:58
Thursday, 2 January 2014
My skin situation has been somewhat a roller coaster over the passed 6 months or so, with regular trips to the doctors to find out what exactly has been causing my out of control acne. After a number of tests, I have been diagnosed with a condition that means my hormone levels are all over the shop. Unfortunately for me, one of these symptoms is typically, acne.
There are so many articles online about how the 'only way' to clear skin is through a healthy lifestyle involving diet and regular exercise. I began exercising every day and purely clean eating for 4 months solid. However, even with a strict skincare routine involving high end products, there was still no luck. When I returned to uni (considering my depressing student budget, my lack of nutritious meals and the absence of any form of exercise), I was terrified that my skin was going to continue getting worse. This is where I am excited to share with my readers some absolutely amazing products that I have discovered that have made my skin crystal clear, without prescription creams, drugs or a change in lifestyle. It's all down to the products, and considering I'm a stressed out, hormonal imbalanced wreck with a rather unhealthy lifestyle, I'm pretty amazed at what these products have done for me!
1. When I'm in the shower, I remove all of the previous nights products with warm water, or if I have any going, a very simple facial soap with no harsh chemicals. This ensures the skin isn't dried out or stripped too much of any oils.
2. Next I tone my face with a SPRAY toner. This is important because again, too much toner can strip the skin. This is the gentler method and Boots Botanics is perfect for me. It's full of organic goodness and only £4.99
3. Before applying any makeup, I like to use a very simple moisturiser. I usually just use whatever is knocking around, either Ren, e45 or Simple. Something along those lines.
Posted by Unknown at 08:11